Saturday, May 12, 2012

Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull (2008)



Despite everyone's best efforts, you can't totally ruin Indiana Jones.

Let's try and remember 2008. It was almost May, the summer movie season hadn't started yet, but there, looming in the distance was a golden treasure. It had been more than 20 years since the last Indiana Jones movie and almost nothing could dim my excitement. Then the early reviews came and they were rough. My excitement became tempered with fear and somehow I avoided seeing the movie for nearly four years. I won't put this bluntly, Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull is one of the most upsetting film watching experiences I have had in a long time. As an action movie, it's fairly mediocre, but as an Indiana Jones film it's an abomination.

3/10

No comments: